In 1870 a small group of Gladwyne residents petitioned the Presbytery of Philadelphia to establish a Presbyterian Church in Lower Merion. The church was formally incorporated on October 27, 1874 as the First Presbyterian Church of Lower Merion. In 1954, Mr. and Mrs. Frederick Warner offered a gift of 3.8 acres of land on Monk Road, and the decision was made to move the church to its present location. By January of 1956, additional land was purchased and the pressent building was erected in 1958. The church is a intimate and comfortable gathering space with a welcoming homey feel.