Designed and built 1966 by architects Henry Dagit, St. Katharine of Siena Church in Wayne presents an imposing modern stone structure at the intersection of Lancaster Avenue and Aberdeen Road in Wayne. The current building replaced the original church, built in 1895. The church has an open cruciform footprint with a wooden ceiling A-frame elevation, giving at once a sense of towering space, yet intimate throughout the building. St. Katharine Church is known for its marble and mosaic work.
Parking is available in two adjacent lots, behind the church and pariah hall buildings as well as street parking. The building is fully wheelchair accessible via an elevator and curb ramps. There is a driveway for accessible parking at the front of the church building on Lancaster Avenue. St. Katharine's is a 2 block walk along Lancaster from SEPTA's Paoli line regional rail station.