A striking expression of contemporary church architecture. The reredos behind the altar is punctuated with symbols of the Holy Apostles. The choir is placed at the side of the chancel, giving the altar unimpaired pre-eminence.
The current church building was dedicated on Easter Day 1958 by the Right Reverend Oliver J. Hart, D.D., S.T.D., Bishop of Pennsylvania. The church today stands on approximately 15 acres, in the Diocese of Pennsylvania, on U.S. Route 30 (now known as Lancaster Avenue) in the village of Paoli. In 2003 “Keep the Light Burning Bright” capital campaign was launched and construction of the Ministry Center and renovation of the Sanctuary began on November 21, 2004 and was completed in December 2007. Increased seating, new AV equipment, ADA requirements, expanded altar, and intercessory prayer corner were all part of the design for the sanctuary; a connector between the Education Building and the Sanctuary became a light-filled atrium, perfect for a gathering, welcoming center.
Good Samaritan is between Paoli Pike and Route 30. On public transport we are just under ten minutes walk from Paoli train station. Ample parking in the church lot is available.